We remind that all wallpapers are user uploads. We do not possess any larger image sizes. If you wish to scale images use software on your computer or try resizing software.
Groups of animals
Scientific term for "animals" are as follows: multicellular living organism belonging to kingdom animalia and are characterized by voluntary movement
Living things are broadly grouped and classified into different categories but we will focus on the major ones which includes:
- Invertebrates - these are animals that do not have back bones and are belived to locomote by crawling and creeping, they are assumed to be the first animals to evolve from a single micro organic cell. Examples include worms, echinoderms, arthropods, sponges, cnidarians, molluscs and flatworms.
- Fishes - cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills and are believed to be the first animals to have evolved from invertebrates. The earliest ever discovered fish was named ostracoderms it was jawless. Since then rapid growth have took place to now current known bonny fishes which include cartilaginous, hagfishes and lampreys.
- Amphibians - cold-blooded vertebrate typically living on land but breeding in water; aquatic larvae undergo metamorphosis into adult form. They were the first animals to change living in water to living on land, they include toads, frogs, salamanders, newts and caecilians.
- Reptiles are cold-blooded vertebrate of the class Reptilia including tortoises, turtles, snakes, lizards, alligators, crocodiles, and extinct forms. They diverged from amphibians during the carboniferous period, this ancient reptiles included Petrolacosaurus, Archaeothyris, Hylonomus, and Paleothyris,
- Mammals. They are warm-blooded vertebrate having the skin more or less covered with hair; young are born alive except for the small subclass of monotremes and nourished with milk. They include elephants rodents primates rabbits and all carnivores.
- Birds. Warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings which makes it possible for them to fly and they include flamingos, perching birds, game birds, pigeons and doves, hummingbirds, owls, pelicans, and penguins
Advantages of animals
- Keeps earth fauna and flora in balance
- As for humans pets convey psichological benefits
- Facilitates to organ transplantation.
- Makes it possible to create identical copies of the very best individuals in a population, such as the highest milk producing cow, or the largest hog
Disadvantages of animals
- Animals may develop some forms of sickness which may be damaging to one’s health.
- Quite expensive to keep and maintain especially home based animals I.e. pets.
- It takes much time to keep this animals in comfort
How To Pick Popular Birds for Pets
There are several popular birds for pets or bird companions. Parakeets are still highly favored pets; they are good pets for kids and people not accustomed to caring for birds. They chatter, sing, and whistle pleasant sounds. They are smart and their lifespan is from 12 to 14 years. Parakeets are in a category of birds with parrots as are Budgies and Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Parrotlets, and Conures.
The most small species of parrots are lovebirds. They are basically quiet birds. They are intelligent and have personality. They live about 20 years and are about 6-inches long. A highly intelligent bird is the African Grey, which is capable of learning 2000 words. The drawback of their intelligence is they get bored easily and need much attention. Their lifespan is 50 to 70 years.
Cockatiels are originally from Australia. They are favored because of their exceptional performance in singing and whistling. They can be taught to talk, but usually would rather mimic sounds like a ringing phone or doorbell. They live from 15 to 20 years.
Some other popular, but not as common domesticated birds are the tucans, mynahs, and doves. The mynahs are part of the starling family. They are naturally occurring in eastern and southern Asia. These birds are usually destructive, though they make a mess when eating. Mynahs eat pellets, fruit, veggies, and insects. They like to socialize with people. Their lifespan is 8 to 10 years.
The toucan isn't a cage bird and it needs an aviary to live in. They originally came from South and Central America. They are noisy and sometimes bite. They aren't very social with people and they live from 15 to 20 years.
When choosing a bird for a pet it is important to pick one that fits with your lifestyle and the amount of effort you want to put into the pet. Some birds need more attention and others less. Some big birds can be destructive, say parrots, which tend to chew furniture. In the wild they bite tree branches during the day. Larger birds are usually louder too. Parrots are smart and need mental activity and they are social animals.
Also, think of the nutrition, temperament, and maintenance involved in the kind of bird you want to get. Some birds like to get out of their cage and be social, others like to be left alone. Some species of birds need a special diet. Consider the amount of feeding, vet care, and housing a bird will require according to its lifespan before picking one.